Wednesday, March 13, 2013

A Fork in the Road

When I first decided to write Abiding Heart, it was only supposed to be a novella meant to be a school project. But since I developed the idea of the story, it became so much more. I saw the character Selena could become if I only developed her into a deeper persona, and that's just what I did.

The problem was that it made my school project more complicated. I still have a deadline to work with: we are on week 7 of the semester, and it needs to be all finished, printed, and ready to present on week 13. Not wanting to sacrifice the potential of the story, I decided that at one point in the 'end' of the project, the two stories would split.

My school project is a novella; novellas are not very complicated and contain only one major conflict. The end of this project will be more simple and straightforward, but in the version I intend to publish, I will go further into the conflict.

I will post the school project version- the simple novella- online eventually, for those who are interested in the alternate ending. However, the real version will be much better and much more intriguing. Of course, in the real version, this will only be the first part of the actual 'novel'.

I am approaching the part where my two stories begin to diverge. This is where it gets tough, but in the end, it will be worth it for both my school project and my published work.

I only wonder if I should publish Part One as a paper book, or as an E-book only, and wait for Part Two to be done before publishing the book version. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment